Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Long Time Since Then

SOOOO....LIFE!!!

The holidays are over the time has become to have normal work scheduale...ahhh!!!

X-mas I had to teach and my students learned songs and we played and it was cute! I had other students call and say happy christmas or merry christmas and I was really happy about that. I then did nothing else. It didn't feel like x-mas so i didn't feel awkward or sad or anything. UNTIL the parents called then that was sad. I also got a new sweater from the host family for America's Christmas. They put it under the tree and everything. Then me and my host dad drank 2 bottles of champaign together. Thats about it there! AWFUL headache the next day and moving on...

New Years eve:
The biggest holdiay here pretty much, to me it was lame! I did enjoy the time with the family but i fell asleep for like 2 hours during the day because i was tipsy and tired. I then got up and was groggy all night. I had a huge feast that was amazing and ate Monty. Then at midnight we shot off fireworks that were great. I was a little tipsy and scared for my life because EVERYONE goes on the street and then lights them off, and the houses are rather close to eachother and people are also. The whole thing was not safe but great lol! I think thats about all...except after midnight a couple came over and my dad gave him his shirt for some reason i didnt really understand why or what for but he did and it was my favorite shirt of his lol! What a great guy he is! Totally like Jesus in that moment! Proceeding to the next weeks

I didn't do much the next week except not leave the house. I was tired and never wanted to do anything I think this was because of minor depression lol! Now i'm working and doing great! I'm excited to leave and get up. I started working with an orphanage yesterday and it went well except all i'm doing everywhere in this damn city/town is teaching english and its annoying, and takes a lot of time to plan and think of what to do, and they don't retain anything. I teach they forget I say it and they have no idea what i'm saying lol. O' well we'll see how long it lasts!

I'm getting really close to my friends here that are other PCV's we great times together with mini excursions throughout the week or on the weekend. Sorry for those that read this i've been awful at writing on here and i'm going to try to write more often about crazy things. Like the gypsy that grabbed me and wouldn't let me go! lol! I will also try to update more pictures! Well поко (bye) for now!

1 comment:

Loo said...

I'm so glad you finally updated! I've missed hearing from you. And you haven't been online in awhile. I've been worried about you because the last time we spoke you said you weren't doing all that great/were homesick/depressed. But I'm glad to see you are doing much better and are more motivated.
Love you.